SBI Clerk Syllabus 2019-20| Check Latest Exam pattern & Books for SBI Exam 2019
If you are going to apply for the upcoming SBI Clerk Exam, then this post is worth reading as, in this post, we are sharing with you the Detailed SBI Clerk 2019 Syllabus. Knowing the syllabus in advance and preparing early for the exam, will help you in the long run. Even, if you cover half the syllabus before the notification will be announced, this will give you an edge over your competitors.
Once the SBI Clerk 2019 Notification, will be announced, candidates will start searching the syllabus, Books and Study material for the exam. But, if you know the syllabus in advance, then you have better chances of qualifying the exam, than your competitors. It is worth mentioning here that since 2014, SBI goes online, so no more pen paper exam.
In this post we are going to share not only the Syllabus but will provide you with a deep analysis and insights for all the sections of the Syllabus, as SBI Clerk exam need section wise preparation because you need to clear the All sections to be qualified for the exam.
SBI Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern 2019
SBI Clerk Mains Exam Pattern 2019
|Name Of Section||No. of
|Total||190||200||2Hr 40 Min|
- The online test will be available in both English and Hindi language except for the English section.
- There will be negative marking for wrong answers (1/4th mark will be deducted).
- No minimum marks for the individual subject are prescribed.
SBI Clerk Exam 2019 Syllabus PDF- Download now (sbi.co.in)
Before you dig inside the SBI Clerk Exam syllabus, remember a few important things
- SBI Clerk Exam has 5 sections and each section has 40 Questions. The total no. of questions is 200, with each question carrying 1 mark. The total duration of the exam is 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- Sectional Cut Off: There is sectional cut off in the SBI Clerk exam, this means you have to pass all the sections individually, and must also secure the minimum marks in each section. Along with this, you should also score the Minimum aggregate marks, as decided by the bank, to be shortlisted for Interview.
- Negative Marking: Unlike the SSC CGL Exam, In SBI clerk exam, there is negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer. So attempt only those questions, for which you are sure.
List of 5 sections of SBI Clerk Syllabus:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Awareness
- General English
- Computer / Marketing Aptitude.
Note: There are 40 Questions in each section and you need to get minimum marks in all the section. The Section has a mix of Questions from Computer knowledge and Marketing Aptitude
Recommended Books for SBI Clerk Exam 2019:-
- Reasoning Section: I guess, most of you are familiar with this section. as this section is nowadays, part of every competitive exam. Commons questions from this section include
- Series Completion
- Statement Conclusion / Statement Assumption Questions
- Direction Sense
- Blood relations etc.
This section is high scoring but time-consuming. So the key to success in Practice, Practice and only practice. The Recommended books for this Section is A Modern Approach To Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning (English) Revised Edition
- Quantitative Aptitude: This is maths OR Arithmetic part of the syllabus. In this section numerical questions are asked up to 10th standard. Some of the possible questions from this section include
1) Profit or Loss
2) Time, Work and Distance
3) The problem on Ages,
4) Geometry OR Mensuration
5) Numerical Aptitude
6) Simple Interest & compound Interest etc.
Recommended Books: There are 2 books that can help you score minimum 35 Marks in this section. You can buy either of the 2 books. Either you should BUY Magical Book On Quicker Maths by M. Tyra OR you should BUY Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations by RS Aggarwal
- General Awareness: This can be the easiest or most difficult section, and this varies by person to person. If you are good at cramming If you can learn a lot of things, then this is the section for you.
The Questions from this section comprises of
1) Last 6 months Current Affairs: The major part of this section, comprises of Current affairs questions of Last 6 months viz Appointments, Resignations, Obituaries, Person in News, Places in News, Committees etc.
2) Static Gk Questions: These questions may be asked from Counties, Currencies, Capitals, UNO, SAARC etc.
If you study well, then this section will be the turning point as this section is less time to consume and at the same time high scoring too.
Books: For Last 6 months Current affairs, you should Buy Pratiyogita Darpan OR CSR and For Static GK, you should BUY Manorama Yearbook 2018 Edition (English)
- General English: If you have good English skills, then this section, will not trouble you much. The Questions from this section includes Comprehension, Synonyms / Antonyms, Correction, Narration, Use of Articles, Verb, Adjective, Noun, Pronoun etc.
The estimated time for completing this section is 20 minutes.
The Recommended Book for this section is Word Power Made Easy
- Computer / Marketing Aptitude: If you have computers OR Marketing background, then this section, will be high scoring for you. The questions in this section are max from the Basic Computers and Marketing Aptitude.
Computer Knowledge : This section has questions from
2) MS Office
3) Email and Internet
4) Computer Generations
5) Input / Output Devices
6) Parts of Computers etc
- Marketing Aptitude: This section has questions from Marketing basis. Common Questions from this section includes : Terminology, Concept and Types of Marketing, Inflation, Branding , Market research, MIX marketing etc.
The recommended book for this section is SBI & IBPS Bank PO Solved Papers – 40 papers (2010-2017) 3rd Edition Third Edition (English, Paperback, Disha Experts)
SBI syllabus & Exam Pattern 2019 Latest Updates?
Here we, complete with the Detailed SBI Clerk 2019 Syllabus with section wise books for the exam. The syllabus and pattern that we have shared in this post is for the SBI Clerk Exam held in 2018. We expect that the same syllabus will be there for SBI Clerk Exam 2019, but in case, IF the SBI make changes in the syllabus and Exam Patter, we will inform you and update this page with the revised syllabus and Exam Pattern.
If you have any queries, related to SBI Clerk Syllabus 2019, post your queries in the comment section below